Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Thankful

Whenever things don't seem to be going the way I planned, I always try to remind myself of what I have to be thankful for.

Throughout our journey to parenthood, we've been touched by the outpouring of support from our family and friends. We are truly thankful for everyone's kind words, thoughts and prayers. So many people are cheering us on and waiting to share in our joy when we finally bring our child home. We are blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives!

Here are some other things I appreciate:

  • My amazing husband

  • Our beautiful yard and gardens

  • The ducks, rabbits, herons and other critters we see in our backyard

  • A relaxing walk on a beautiful sunny day

  • My fun exercise class

  • Having my sister and her family close by

  • Making baby nephew Brandon smile

  • The close relationship I have with my family

  • Having a niece who adores me as much as I adore her

  • Looking and feeling younger than my age

  • Achieving my dream of becoming a published writer

  • Being able to help others, whether by listening or assisting them with projects & tasks

  • A long soak in the jacuzzi tub filled with bubbles

  • Being healthy, happy and secure



When I look around at all that I have and all that I've accomplished, I can't help but feel thankful.

No comments: