Thursday, December 15, 2005

Touched by a Real-Life Angel

God has a very special baby in mind for you and that's why you've had to wait so long.


A very special lady told me this just a few weeks ago. That amazing woman is my aunt, a person whose courage, strength, determination and spirit have inspired me and all those around her.

My aunt has been battling cancer for the past year. She has been through radiation, several rounds of chemo, hospitalizations and a lot of sickness. But through it all her spirit has remained unbreakable, and she has never lost her sense of humor. She is truly a beautiful person inside and out.

Before getting sick, my aunt devoted her life to taking care of others. She was there for those who needed her. And even today she still thinks of others and always has an encouraging word for everyone. She has followed our adoption story with great interest and hope, and has always told me she knows there will be a baby one day.

Unfortunately, my aunt is losing her battle with cancer. Just the other day we heard the sad news that she has only 3 months to live. As the family cried, she told everyone not to worry, that she would be fine. She plans to live life to the fullest in her final days. She believes that everyone was put on this earth for a purpose and that she has fulfilled hers.

I am so proud to call her my aunt. It breaks my heart that she will be leaving us sooner than we had hoped. But before she goes, I have one special wish: that she can see, meet and hold our precious child -- the one she always knew was coming even when I doubted it myself.

2 comments:

petunia said...

She sounds like a wise woman who knows the Lord. I pray she will hold that baby before she must leave this earth. Seeing you happy will be so good for her.....

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray that your wish will be granted too. I am fortunate enough to know this special lady too. It's tough to keep your spirits up sometimes, we could all use a litle of her preserverence and determination. If ever we could use some Christmas miracles, now is the time.