Saturday, November 26, 2005

Still Hanging in There

I know it's been a while since I last posted. The reason I haven't written is because there is nothing new going on.

Our social worker has a 2nd meeting set up with the potential birth parents from our home state on December 4. That seems like such a long time off! We have still been hoping and praying that they will decide to move forward with an adoption plan. When our social worker first told us about this situation, she seemed optimistic. When I last talked to her, she seemed a lot more unsure of how things would pan out.

In other news, "S," the teen college student who contacted us about a month ago from out of state has still been e-mailing us. In her last note on Nov. 17, she asked if we had thought of any baby names and said she was going home over Thanksgiving break. She is still very tentative about her adoption plans. She hasn't spoken to our agency, even though I have suggested that it might help her on more than one occasion. She is not working with an agency or an attorney in her home state yet either. I feel like things aren't really going anywhere with her, but she is still in contact with us, so I guess you never know! If nothing else, she is becoming one of my e-mail buddies, someone to talk to about weekend plans and chat about life in general.

Other than that, there is not much else to tell. I really hope something works out for us soon. It has been far too long. We have seen so many holidays come and go, and every year we keep thinking it will be the last one we spend without a child. I always cry a little around the holidays. It is such a special time with our families, but it always feels like something is missing.

Hoping for a Christmas miracle ...

1 comment:

Trista said...

Praying for you... hoping for you... wishing for you...