Monday, February 24, 2014

Blog Hop with Author Deanna Kahler

We're all familiar with the term "bar hopping," but now there's a new trend: blog hopping! Much like bar hopping, blog hopping involves visiting lots of places. But instead of going to bars, you go to blogs. Each blog you visit will have links to other blogs … and the hopping continues! It's a easy and fun way to meet lots of people and learn all about their work. Today it's my turn to host, so I will be answering questions and sharing information with you. Just sit back and enjoy -- no drinking required!

Thanks for the invite!
First, I would like to send a big thank you to Jody Cantrell Dyer, author of The Eye of Adoption. Jody and I "met" online after both publishing books about adoption. You can read Jody's humorous, down-to-earth blog at http://www.jodydyer.blogspot.com. Please also visit her author web site at http://www.jodydyer.com.


About Me

What am I working on?
I recently published my second book, Echoes of Paradise, a paranormal love story about the afterlife. I've been doing interviews and working to promote my new book. In addition, I'm finishing up a children's book called A Rare Gem that will be out later this year. For more information about my projects, please visit www.deannakahler.com.

How does my work differ from others of its genre?
My first book, From Pain to Parenthood, differs from other adoption memoirs because it is also a self-help book. Along with sharing my personal story, I provide tips and resources for others who may be going through similar situations. There's an adoption Q & A in the back of the book, as well as information on dealing with grief, depression and anxiety. Readers will also find a list of support groups and other organizations.

My second book, Echoes of Paradise, is different from the typical paranormal romance because it combines forbidden romance with spiritual and metaphysical concepts. Readers have compared to Twilight and The Celestine Prophecy for its unique mix of the paranormal and spiritual enlightenment. 

Why do I write what I do?
I write to inspire others, so all of my work -- whether fiction or non-fiction -- offers messages of hope and encouragement. I use my own experiences as the foundation for my work and always write from the heart.


How does my writing process work?
I do a lot of writing in my head before I sit down at the computer. Ideas come to me while lying in bed, taking a shower or driving. 

Check out more great authors!

Next week the blog hop will visit the web site of Dr. Sabrina D. Black. Stop by and check out her work. Here is some info about Sabrina. 

Dr. Sabrina D. Black, L.L.P.C., C.A.C.-1., is the CEO and Clinical Direction of Abundant Life Counseling Center, which emphasizes spiritual values. She is passionate about glorifying God, amplifying His Word, and edifying His people. Among her credentials, Sabrina Black is a Limited Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Addictions Counselor and Certified Biblical Counselor with 18 years of experience in individual, family and group counseling.

You can find out more about Sabrina at http://abundantlifecounseling.webs.com

Also check out the blogs/web sites of these great authors:

Debbie Barrow Michael
Tim Elder
Kristen Nicole

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! We are helping kids deprived of parental affection and love in Ukraine. If you wish to join us, here is our site https://hopenowusa.org