Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Drama That Is My Life

Around 6 a.m. I got a wake up call.

Our social worker called to tell us that the potential birth mom J from Texas had gone to the emergency room last night. Her blood sugar was really high and she is anemic. J had called our worker to ask for her help in contacting a pharmacy about her medication and also an attorney in Texas. Apparently she is still interested in us.

Right after I got off the phone with our worker, J called us directly. She was really stressed out about her medical problems and not having an adoption plan yet. I did my best to support her and calm her down. She said the doctor was postponing her C-section because he wanted her to do insulin shots and take iron for a few days. He was concerned if they induced her on Friday as planned that she would hemmorage to death. I really feel for this girl. She is just so overwhelmed with everything right now. I am not sure if she knows what she wants or what to do, but I certainly don't want give up on her or this potential situation.

So now our worker is going to contact an attorney in Texas for J and have him call her to discuss her adoption plan. I still don't know if this will work out for us or not. I have no idea if we are heading to Texas soon or staying home. Everything is so uncertain.

This is the drama that is my life, and I am just along for the ride.

2 comments:

petunia said...

Am i the only one out here on the blogs that is holding my breath with you? Oh my, what an emotional rollercoater ride! So exciting to follow this - i hope we have such luck - but without the drama....

Anonymous said...

Dee... we are really hoping one of these situations works out for you. We're on pins & needles waiting to see the outcomes. Our thoughts are with you.

Trista & Mark