Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Update on Two Birth Moms

I called potential birth mom J in Texas today. She seemed surprised to hear from me. I asked her how she was doing and if she was able to find an attorney or agency in Texas to work with. She said she hadn't contacted anyone because she didn't know if she was supposed to. Huh? Last I talked to her she was ready to get things moving and had planned to call an adoption professional right away.

Anyway, J said that she did get a message from our social worker on Monday, but that the message got cut off and she didn't have her number to call her back. I gave her our agency's 800 number again and she said she would call them right away and call me back. I never heard from her after that.

I did hear from the other potential birth mom T from our home state. She is now working with our agency and is still very interested in us. She said she wants to meet us soon and even mentioned that she wants me to be her labor coach and cut the cord!

I'm not sure what will happen, but it sure has been an interesting week!

No comments: