Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Riding Waves

One thing I've learned about adoption is that things always come in waves. For weeks or even months, you hear nothing and then all of a sudden, everything starts happening at once. Today, I am experiencing one of those waves.

This morning, I was sitting at home creating a new adoption web page while contactors were pounding and sawing away to install our new roof. The phone rang and it was a potential birth mom! I was so caught off guard. We talked for a few minutes and I asked her some questions. She was from our home state, but after learning more about her, I discovered that it wasn't the right situation for us. So, I referred her to our agency. Maybe another couple will be a good match for her.

About an hour later, I heard from a second potential birth mom, also from Michigan. She contacted us via e-mail and said she was looking for a family for her 5-year-old daughter and baby due in November. She wants both children to go to the same family. I responded to her questions and will now wait to hear from her again.

Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..that's great that you are getting some responses. I'd love a sitation like the 5 year old and the baby.

petunia said...

wow - i'm hoping something like that turns up for us ! I would love a situation like that too, it's going to be tough to have more than one with the $ and our age. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!