Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Waiting Is the Hardest Part

Without a doubt, the hardest part of the adoption process is the waiting. And today the wait has been especially hard.

I have been waiting for the phone to ring all day to hear the news of whether or not we are matched with a potential birth mom. This is one of the most important calls of our entire adoption journey. But for some reason it is very slow in coming.

Last I heard, the potential birth mom was very interested in us, and our social worker was meeting in person with her. Since we were going to be out of town for a couple of days, our social worker told us to give her a call when we returned and she would fill us in on what she found out.

When we returned from our trip today, I called our social worker right away, eager to hear the news. I left her a message and have been waiting to hear back. My husband and I were hoping to hear something today, but now I don't know if we will or not.

Of course, I am full of questions. Is not hearing anything yet a good sign or a bad sign? Did the potential birth mom show up for the meeting? Is she still interested in us? Did she change her mind? Unfortunately, I don't know the answers to any of these questions.

I know that many of you have been patiently waiting right along with us, and I really wish I had some news to share. But for now, I just don't know anything. Maybe the phone will ring soon ...

No comments: