Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Time Flies

I can't believe it has been nearly two years since my last post! Time sure does fly.

Our daughter is now 3 years old. A few things haven't changed. K is still feisty and spirited. She is still very independent and wants to do everything herself. She is still healthy and beautiful. What has changed is how much she has learned and grown.

Our little girl is now 41 1/4 inches tall at last check. She is taller than most children her age and is often as tall as many 4-year-olds. And she knows a lot of the same things a typical 4-year-old would know. She recognizes many colors, shapes and numbers. She can count to 20 in English and 10 in Spanish. She has known all of her letters for quite some time and knows the sounds that the letters make. She knows what vowels are. She can even spell her name and a few simple words! She is very observant, has an awesome memory and asks a lot of questions. K has been taking a dance class since the fall and is doing fantastic. She is a fast learner and loves to try new things. She amazes us on a daily basis.

We are getting ready to enroll her in nursery school for next fall. I think she will do well and improve her listening skills and social skills. I am thrilled with the wonderful little girl she has become and feel so blessed to have her in my life.

Hopefully, it won't be another two years before I update this blog. By then I will be getting ready to sign her up for Kindergarten! I'm not ready for that yet. I think I will enjoy having a preschooler for now. :)

No comments: